Carlo Ancelotti has landed an £18million boost after Paris Saint-Germain Director of Football Leonardo confirmed the Ligue 1 outfit do not have an option to buy on-loan striker Moise Kean next summer.
What’s the word?
Leonardo has been addressing Kean’s future at the Parc des Princes while speaking at a recent press conference, where he was questioned over the potential of the Italian remaining in Ligue 1 beyond his initial year-long loan.
Everton reportedly sanctioned a temporary transfer for Kean to kick start his career with the French giants after struggling to impress under Ancelotti, with the Blues boss only awarding his compatriot four starts in the Premier League following his arrival last season.
The agreement had been claimed to feature an option for PSG to buy Kean in 2021 worth €20m (£18.08m), despite Ancelotti stating otherwise and Leonardo now going on record to rubbish speculation the Ligue 1 heavyweights are in a position to strike a permanent deal.
“There is no purchase option for Moise Kean,” Leonardo said. “It would, unfortunately, be very high. He is an excellent player, whom we have been following for a while, a very powerful player.”
Everton will be glad to welcome Kean back to Goodison Park next summer given his tremendous start to life in France, where boss Thomas Tuchel has lauded the striker after he netted a brace in the Champions League.
Kean has further struck three goals in four Ligue 1 appearances and was described by Tuchel as a courageous forward after scoring in a 3-0 win over Stade Rennais at the weekend.
“[Kean] has a big heart, he puts on intensity. He is not afraid, he is courageous. He does what is necessary,” Tuchel said, via quotes by One Football.
“I wouldn’t want to be a defender against him right now. It’s really hard to play against him. It’s very important for us because we miss that in certain times.”
A major boost for Carlo?
While Ancelotti was not as forthcoming with opportunities to feature in the Premier League last season as Tuchel has been in Ligue 1 this term, Kean’s return to Merseyside next summer will come as a huge boost for the Toffees.
Kean amassed a mere 489 minutes of top-flight football over 18 outings under Ancelotti before joining PSG, where he has already featured for 269 minutes in just four league fixtures which have been enough for the 20-year-old to better his goal tally with key efforts to open the scoring against Dijon FCO and Stade Rennais.
Everton are often lacking goals outside of their key playmakers in Dominic Calvert-Lewin and James Rodriguez, with defender Michael Keane (two) the next-best scorer at Goodison Park behind the England striker (eight) and Colombia winger (three).
Calvert-Lewin has managed just one goal in his last three appearances, too, as Everton failed to score in defeat to Southampton whilst Bernard broke the deadlock in a 3-1 drubbing by Manchester United.
A rejuvenated Kean could take some of that burden off Calvert-Lewin next term, offering Ancelotti crucial depth upfront in fixtures like those against Southampton and Newcastle, having impressed the most against two contrasting Ligue 1 outfits.
While Dijon are routed to the bottom of the French top-flight, Rennes are pushing for Champions League qualification and would sit just three points behind PSG had they emerged victorious in Saturday’s meeting, having lost just once in nine prior games.
The post Moise Kean: PSG confirm Ligue 1 club signed Everton striker without option to buy first appeared on FootballFanCast.com.